Puffy Apple Omelet Recipe
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large tart apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt if desired. In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolks, milk and lemon juice. Stir into dry ingredients and mix well; set aside.
- 2. In another small bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon as a time, on high until stiff peaks form. Fold into yolk mixture.
- 3. Pour into a shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange apple slices on top. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (prepared with fat-free milk and without salt) equals 252 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 213 mg cholesterol, 126 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Puffy Apple Omelet
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.