Puffy Apple Omelet Recipe
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large tart apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt if desired. In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolks, milk and lemon juice. Stir into dry ingredients and mix well; set aside.
- 2. In another small bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon as a time, on high until stiff peaks form. Fold into yolk mixture.
- 3. Pour into a shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange apple slices on top. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
1 piece: 252 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 213mg cholesterol, 126mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein .
Reviews for Puffy Apple Omelet
"I made this for my father every Sunday for his last 5 years of life. It was his favorite"
"This was really good and really fluffed up in the oven. It was light but filling and I enjoyed the tartness of the apples. Next time, I'll try cooking the apples in the cinnamon and sugar to get them a little softer, before putting them in the oven."
"Outstanding. I think it should be called a puffy pancake though. My husband won't eat eggs, and he never knew!I used whole wheat pastry flour and Stevia and it was fabulous. Light and guilt free!"
"This is excellent! Very light and full of flavor."
"My husband and I had this for dinner tonight. We love it so much, I'm going to quadruple the recipe so that we'll have enough for our kids!"
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.