Puffy Apple Omelet Recipe
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large tart apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt if desired. In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolks, milk and lemon juice. Stir into dry ingredients and mix well; set aside.
- In another small bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon as a time, on high until stiff peaks form. Fold into yolk mixture.
- Pour into a shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange apple slices on top. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Puffy Apple Omelet(4)
Sort By :
This was really good and really fluffed up in the oven. It was light but filling and I enjoyed the tartness of the apples. Next time, I'll try cooking the apples in the cinnamon and sugar to get them a little softer, before putting them in the oven.
Outstanding. I think it should be called a puffy pancake though. My husband won't eat eggs, and he never knew!
I used whole wheat pastry flour and Stevia and it was fabulous. Light and guilt free!
This is excellent! Very light and full of flavor.
My husband and I had this for dinner tonight. We love it so much, I'm going to quadruple the recipe so that we'll have enough for our kids!
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Country Woman Breakfast Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Diabetic Breakfast Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Low Fat Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >