Puffs with Honey Butter Recipe
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup butter and honey until smooth; set side.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat eggs until lemon-colored. Beat in yogurt and remaining butter until smooth. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and salt; stir into yogurt mixture.
- 3. In a deep-fat fryer or electric skillet, heat oil to 360°. Drop batter by teaspoonfuls into oil. Fry until golden brown, about 1 minute on each side. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm with the honey butter. Yield: 5 dozen.
2 each: 74 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 118mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, trace fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Puffs with Honey Butter
"I would add 2 tablespoons of sugar to the recipe (with the dry ingredients)... even with the honey butter it was lacking (I thought) but we added some sugar to the batter and it helped a lot. They were quite easy to make though! Oh and be prepared to feed a group with them!"