Puffs with Honey Butter Recipe
"A priest shared the recipe for these delicious doughnut-like puffs," says Ruth Plaushin of Swiftwater, Pennsylvania. "Honey butter is yummy on top."
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup butter and honey until smooth; set side.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat eggs until lemon-colored. Beat in yogurt and remaining butter until smooth. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and salt; stir into yogurt mixture.
- 3. In a deep-fat fryer or electric skillet, heat oil to 360°. Drop batter by teaspoonfuls into oil. Fry until golden brown, about 1 minute on each side. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm with the honey butter. Yield: 5 dozen.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC