Puffs with Honey Butter
"A priest shared the recipe for these delicious doughnut-like puffs," says Ruth Plaushin of Swiftwater, Pennsylvania. "Honey butter is yummy on top."
30 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup butter and honey until smooth; set
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until lemon-colored. Beat in yogurt and
- remaining butter until smooth. Combine the flour, baking powder,
- baking soda, nutmeg and salt; stir into yogurt mixture.
- In a deep-fat fryer or electric skillet, heat oil to 360°. Drop
- batter by teaspoonfuls into oil. Fry until golden brown, about 1
- minute on each side. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm with the
- honey butter. Yield: 5 dozen.