"A priest shared the recipe for these delicious doughnut-like puffs," says Ruth Plaushin of Swiftwater, Pennsylvania. "Honey butter is yummy on top."
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup butter and honey until smooth; set side.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until lemon-colored. Beat in yogurt and remaining butter until smooth. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and salt; stir into yogurt mixture.
- In a deep-fat fryer or electric skillet, heat oil to 360°. Drop batter by teaspoonfuls into oil. Fry until golden brown, about 1 minute on each side. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm with the honey butter. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Puffs with Honey Butter in Taste of Home February/March 2000, p65
Reviews for Puffs with Honey Butter
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review