- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup butter and honey until smooth; set side.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until lemon-colored. Beat in yogurt and remaining butter until smooth. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and salt; stir into yogurt mixture.
- In a deep-fat fryer or electric skillet, heat oil to 360°. Drop batter by teaspoonfuls into oil. Fry until golden brown, about 1 minute on each side. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm with the honey butter. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews for Puffs with Honey Butter(1)
Sort By :
I would add 2 tablespoons of sugar to the recipe (with the dry ingredients)... even with the honey butter it was lacking (I thought) but we added some sugar to the batter and it helped a lot. They were quite easy to make though! Oh and be prepared to feed a group with them!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Butter Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Doughnuts >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Mother's Day Doughnut Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >