- 1/3 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 teaspoons spaghetti sauce mix
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato sauce, water and spaghetti sauce mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, place flour in a small bowl. Combine the milk, egg and oil; whisk into flour just until blended.
- Pour meat mixture into a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Pour flour mixture over top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and center is set. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Puffed Pizza Casserole
Sort By :
"A change of pace for ground beef. It was okay."
"Easy and very yummy....will need to double recipe so there is plenty"
"Excellent. The topping with the parmesan cheese really adds to the flavor."
"My husband and I really enjoyed this recipe...it was just the right amount for the two of us! I used my home-canned pizza sauce and added mushrooms and black olives. I will definitely make it again!"
"Great CASSEROLE...I'm trying to understand why people think this could be a slow cooker recipe. Seriously, it says slow cooker AND Casserole dishes on the e-mail. What part of and don't you peole get!"