- 1/3 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 teaspoons spaghetti sauce mix
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato sauce, water and spaghetti sauce mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, place flour in a small bowl. Combine the milk, egg and oil; whisk into flour just until blended.
- Pour meat mixture into a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Pour flour mixture over top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and center is set. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Puffed Pizza Casserole
Sort By :
Excellent. The topping with the parmesan cheese really adds to the flavor.
My husband and I really enjoyed this recipe...it was just the right amount for the two of us! I used my home-canned pizza sauce and added mushrooms and black olives. I will definitely make it again!
Great CASSEROLE...I'm trying to understand why people think this could be a slow cooker recipe. Seriously, it says slow cooker AND Casserole dishes on the e-mail. What part of and don't you peole get!
What is wrong with you people? It is obvious that you should cook this in the oven and if you look a little further you will find the slow cooker recipes. Get a life.
Slow cookers & Casseroles!