Puffed Pan Pizza Recipe
I took some time off to raise our children, so when I went back to work, I needed quick recipes that were sure to please my family. This saucy is a favoriteStephanie Thomas, Denham Springs, Louisiana
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Add Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Simmer for 1 minute. Quarter the biscuits; place half in a large bowl. Add green pepper, mushrooms and half of the spaghetti sauce and cheese. Gently fold ingredients together. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Repeat. Pour remaining sauce over biscuit mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until center is puffed. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Puffed Pan Pizza in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p264
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Puffed Pan Pizza(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review