Puffed Apple Pastries
For a little extra indulgence, serve these oven-fresh pastries with a scoop of creamy vanilla ice cream. Cherry pie filling can be substituted for the apple.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen pastry shells
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Prepare puff pastry according to package directions. Bake at 400°
- for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, in a small
- saucepan, combine the apple pie filling, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix
- well. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for about 3-4 minutes or
- until heated through.
- Remove tops from shells. Fill each with about 1/3 cup of filling.
- Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 332 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 179 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.