Puffed Apple Pastries
For a little extra indulgence, serve these oven-fresh pastries with a scoop of creamy vanilla ice cream. Cherry pie filling can be substituted for the apple.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen puff pastry shells
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Bake puff pastry shells according to package directions. Meanwhile,
- in a small saucepan, combine apple pie filling, cinnamon and nutmeg;
- mix well. Cook and stir over medium-low heat 3-4 minutes or until
- heated through.
- Remove tops from pastry shells; fill with apple mixture. Replace
- tops. Serve warm with ice cream if desired.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (calculated without ice cream) equals 332 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 179 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.