Puffed Apple Pastries Recipe
For a little extra indulgence, serve these oven-fresh pastries with a scoop of creamy vanilla ice cream. Cherry pie filling can be substituted for the apple.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen puff pastry shells
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. Bake puff pastry shells according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine apple pie filling, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well. Cook and stir over medium-low heat 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
- 2. Remove tops from pastry shells; fill with apple mixture. Replace tops. Serve warm, with ice cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (calculated without ice cream): 332 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 179mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Puffed Apple Pastries
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC