For a little extra indulgence, serve these oven-fresh pastries with a scoop of creamy vanilla ice cream. Cherry pie filling can be substituted for the apple.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen puff pastry shells
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Bake puff pastry shells according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine apple pie filling, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well. Cook and stir over medium-low heat 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
- Remove tops from pastry shells; fill with apple mixture. Replace tops. Serve warm, with ice cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Puffed Apple Pastries in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2003, p9
Reviews for Puffed Apple Pastries
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review