- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Lemon Extract
- 2 eggs
- 3 to 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, butter, sugar, salt, lemon extract, eggs and 1 cup flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; gently knead for 2-3 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to greased top. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a floured surface; divide into four portions. Roll one portion into a 9-in. x 6-in. rectangle (refrigerate remaining portions until ready to roll out). Cut into 3-in. squares.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk and vanilla until smooth. Place about 2 teaspoons filling in the center of each square. Moisten corners with water; bring over center of filling and pinch corners tightly in center. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- Place seam side up 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets; brush with melted butter. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pans to wire racks. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, butter, vanilla and enough milk to achieve desired consistency; spread over warm buns. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Puff Pillow Buns in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p206
Reviews for Puff Pillow Buns
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review