Puff Pastry Stars
We fashion festive star treats from convenient frozen puff pastry in this dish. Feel free to experiment with different seasonings.Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon ranch salad dressing mix
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Unfold puff pastry. In a small bowl, combine oil and dressing mix;
- brush over pastry. Using a floured 3-in. star-shaped cookie cutter,
- cut out 10 stars. Place on a greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with
- Bake at 400° for 7-9 minutes or until puffy and golden brown.
- Serve warm. Yield: 10 appetizers.
Nutritional Facts: 1 appetizer equals 60 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 123 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.