Puff Pastry Salmon Bundles Recipe
- 2 packages (17.3 ounces each) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 8 salmon fillets (6 ounces each), skin removed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups shredded cucumber
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. On a lightly floured surface, roll each pastry sheet into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Cut each into two 10-in. x 6-in. rectangles. Place a salmon fillet in the center of each rectangle.
- 2. Beat egg and water; lightly brush over pastry edges. Bring opposite corners of pastry over each fillet; pinch seams to seal tightly. Place seam side down in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; brush with remaining egg mixture.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. In a small bowl, combine the cucumber, sour cream, mayonnaise, dill and salt. Serve with bundles. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 611 calories, 46g fat (11g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 536mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 5g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Puff Pastry Salmon Bundles
"This recipe is to die for. The puffed pastry makes the perfect light, flaky crust you want, and the salmon is so flavorful baked inside. The seasonings do not need to be changed and the cucumber sauce is an excellent compliment. The first time I made it I felt I made way to much cucumber sauce though. One cucumber makes a lot. I have made this many, many times along with the baby spinich, strawaberry, and pecan salad with raspberry vingerette dressing and it makes a very elegant presentation, or is great to eat when hungry for it. This is definately a keeper."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.