Puff Pastry Salmon Bundles
The combination of tender salmon, fresh cucumber sauce and a crisp, flaky crust makes this impressive dish perfect for special occasions. Mom likes to decorate the pastry with a star or leaf design for holidays.
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 packages (17.3 ounces each) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 8 salmon fillets (6 ounces each), skin removed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups shredded cucumber
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each pastry sheet into a 12-in. x
- 10-in. rectangle. Cut each into two 10-in. x 6-in. rectangles. Place
- a salmon fillet in the center of each rectangle.
- Beat egg and water; lightly brush over pastry edges. Bring opposite
- corners of pastry over each fillet; pinch seams to seal tightly.
- Place seam side down in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking
- pan; brush with remaining egg mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
- In a small bowl, combine the cucumber, sour cream, mayonnaise, dill
- and salt. Serve with bundles. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 611 calories, 46 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 536 mg sodium,