Puff Pastry Holly Leaves Recipe
“These elegant appetizers look like you've slaved in the kitchen, but they can be assembled in a jiffy,” says Angela King of Walnut Cove, North Carolina. “They always earn raves at my office holiday party.”
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 24 pimiento pieces
- 1. Unfold pastry sheets onto a lightly floured surface. From each sheet, cut out 12 leaves with a floured 3-1/2-in. leaf-shaped cookie cutter. Place on ungreased baking sheets. With a toothpick, score veins in leaves. In a small bowl, beat egg and water; brush over pastry.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the cheeses, parsley and pesto. Split pastry leaves in half. Spread 1 tablespoon cheese mixture over bottom halves; replace tops. Add a pimiento piece on each for a holly berry. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC