- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 24 pimiento pieces
- Unfold pastry sheets onto a lightly floured surface. From each sheet, cut out 12 leaves with a floured 3-1/2-in. leaf-shaped cookie cutter. Place on ungreased baking sheets. With a toothpick, score veins in leaves. In a small bowl, beat egg and water; brush over pastry.
- Bake at 400° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the cheeses, parsley and pesto. Split pastry leaves in half. Spread 1 tablespoon cheese mixture over bottom halves; replace tops. Add a pimiento piece on each for a holly berry. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Puff Pastry Holly Leaves in Simple & Delicious November/December 2007, p45
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now
Reviews for Puff Pastry Holly Leaves
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review