Inside these golden puff pastry "packages", chicken breasts rolled with spinach, herbed cream cheese and walnuts are a savory surprise. I like to serve this elegant entree when we have guests or are celebrating a holiday or special occasion. -Brad Moritz, Limerick, Pennsylvania
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 40 large spinach leaves
- 2 cartons (8 ounces each) spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon cold water
- Cut a lengthwise slit in each chicken breast to within 1/2 in. of the other side; open meat so it lies flat. Cover with plastic wrap; pound to flatten to 1/8-in. thickness. Remove plastic wrap. Sprinkle salt and pepper over chicken.
- In a small saucepan, bring 1 in. of water to a boil; add spinach. Cover and cook for 1-2 minutes or until wilted; drain. Place five spinach leaves on each chicken breast. Spoon 2 tablespoons of cream cheese down the center of each chicken breast; sprinkle with walnuts. Roll up chicken and tuck in ends.
- Unroll puff pastry; cut into eight portions. Roll each into an 8-in. x 7-in. rectangle. Combine egg and cold water; brush over edges of pastry. Place chicken at one short end; roll up tightly, tucking in ends.
- Place on a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Puff Pastry Chicken Bundles in Taste of Home December/January 2002, p31
Reviews for Puff Pastry Chicken Bundles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review