Puff Pastry Apple Turnovers Recipe
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups chopped peeled apples
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon; add apples and toss to coat. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each pastry sheet into a 12-in. square. Cut each into four squares.
- 2. Spoon 1/2 cup apple mixture into the center of each square; fold diagonally in half and press edges to seal. Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the butter, sugar and cinnamon; brush over pastry. Bake at 400° for 12-16 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 416 calories, 21g fat (6g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 245mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 6g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Puff Pastry Apple Turnovers
"These were good. Great hot out of the oven."
"This is my go to fall dessert. People love them everytime I make them!"
"great! easy! can use any flavor canned filling!"
"I added 1/2 cup raisins to the filling. Next time I'm going to try dried cranberries"
"I almost couldn't believe this recipe was so easy! They were gone as soon as I put them on the table. I had planned on serving them with vanilla ice cream but noone waited for it to soften."
"These were wonderful and so easy to make! I will define fly make these again."
"For a girl that doesn't like apple items, I tried it and loved it!"