- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups chopped peeled apples
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon; add apples and toss to coat. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each pastry sheet into a 12-in. square. Cut each into four squares.
- Spoon 1/2 cup apple mixture into the center of each square; fold diagonally in half and press edges to seal. Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, sugar and cinnamon; brush over pastry. Bake at 400° for 12-16 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Puff Pastry Apple Turnovers
Sort By :
"These were good. Great hot out of the oven."
"This is my go to fall dessert. People love them everytime I make them!"
"great! easy! can use any flavor canned filling!"
"I added 1/2 cup raisins to the filling. Next time I'm going to try dried cranberries"
"I almost couldn't believe this recipe was so easy! They were gone as soon as I put them on the table. I had planned on serving them with vanilla ice cream but noone waited for it to soften."