"I collect cookbooks and discovered this recipe while I was in Texas on vacation," writes Barbara Mohr from Millington, Michigan. "The light and puffy pancake really does melt in your mouth! It’s a definite crowd-pleaser that’s as impressive served at dessert as it is at breakfast. My guests always agree!"
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- BLUEBERRY SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place butter in a 9-in. pie plate; place in a 425° oven for 4-5 minutes or until melted.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk eggs and milk. In another small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon; whisk in egg mixture until smooth. Pour into prepared pie plate. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until sides are crisp and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and cornstarch. Gradually whisk in orange juice until smooth. Stir in blueberries. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Serve with pancake. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Puff Pancake with Blueberry Sauce in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007, p33
Reviews for Puff Pancake with Blueberry Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review