Puerto Rican Coconut Pudding
Tembleque, or coconut pudding, brings back so many memories of the days my family would vacation in Puerto Rico to see my relatives. It was one of my favorite things to eat—I'm sure it will become a much-loved recipe with your family, as well.
8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 15 min. + cooling
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (13.66 ounces each) coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Add
- milk; stir until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until
- mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until
- Remove from the heat; pour into dessert dishes. Cool slightly. Cover
- and refrigerate for 2 hours. Just before serving, sprinkle with
- cinnamon. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 286 calories, 21 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 161 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.