Pueblo Green Chili Stew Recipe
- 2 pounds lean boneless pork, cut into 1-1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cans (12 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 3 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1. In a large Dutch oven, brown half of the pork at a time in oil. Add remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for 1 hour or until pork is tender. Yield: 10 servings.
One serving (prepared with low-sodium chicken broth and without added salt) equals 196 calories, 7 g fat (0 saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 561 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.