Pueblo Green Chili Stew Recipe
- 2 pounds lean boneless pork, cut into 1-1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cans (12 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 3 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1. In a large Dutch oven, brown half of the pork at a time in oil. Add remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for 1 hour or until pork is tender. Yield: 10 servings.
1 each: 196 calories, 7g fat (0 saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 561mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Pueblo Green Chili Stew
"it was good...i did need something so i added onion and cilantro, i also subsituted fresh tomatoes for canned."
"good but was missing something."
"This was GREAT! It was more like soup at first, but with the potatoes cut small and well-cooked, they dissolved a bit and gave the liquid some body for the next days' servings. Proportions are fine -- lots of crunchy corn. Simple and delicious. A real winner!"
"This is so good on a cold evening. I serve with beer bread (3 cups bisquick, 3T sugar, 1 bottle room temp beer at 350 1 hour). Yum!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.