If I know a hectic day is coming up, I plan on making this no-fuss, hearty stew. I've taken it to potluck dinners, and it's always gotten rave reviews.
- 2 pounds lean boneless pork, cut into 1-1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cans (12 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 3 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- In a large Dutch oven, brown half of the pork at a time in oil. Add remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for 1 hour or until pork is tender. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Pueblo Green Chili Stew in Country Extra September 1993, p49
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Pueblo Green Chili Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review