Pueblo Green Chili Stew Recipe
- 2 pounds lean boneless pork, cut into 1-1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cans (12 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 3 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- In a large Dutch oven, brown half of the pork at a time in oil. Add remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for 1 hour or until pork is tender. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Pueblo Green Chili Stew(4)
Sort By :
it was good...i did need something so i added onion and cilantro, i also subsituted fresh tomatoes for canned.
good but was missing something.
This was GREAT! It was more like soup at first, but with the potatoes cut small and well-cooked, they dissolved a bit and gave the liquid some body for the next days' servings. Proportions are fine -- lots of crunchy corn. Simple and delicious. A real winner!
This is so good on a cold evening. I serve with beer bread (3 cups bisquick, 3T sugar, 1 bottle room temp beer at 350 1 hour). Yum!
More Recipe Collections
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Stew Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Stew Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >