Pudding-Topped Fruit Salad Recipe
My sister shared this recipe with me. She served the fruit in wine goblets, topped with the pudding. For large groups, serve it in a big salad bowl. Either way, it's refreshing and delicious. -Michelle Masciarelli, Torrington, Connecticut
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + chilling YIELD:12-14 servings
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 medium ripe bananas, sliced
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- 2 medium ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1 cup seedless red grapes
- Fresh mint, optional
- 1. Drain pineapple chunks, reserving juice; refrigerate pineapple. Add water to juice if necessary to measure 3/4 cup. In a large bowl, combine the juice, crushed pineapple, sour cream and pudding mix until blended. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or until thickened.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the bananas, blueberries, peaches, strawberries, grapes and pineapple chunks. Spread pudding mixture over the top. Garnish with mint if desired. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 149 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 107 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC