Pudding-Topped Fruit Salad Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 medium ripe bananas, sliced
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- 2 medium ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1 cup seedless red grapes
- Fresh mint, optional
- Drain pineapple chunks, reserving juice; refrigerate pineapple. Add water to juice if necessary to measure 3/4 cup. In a large bowl, combine the juice, crushed pineapple, sour cream and pudding mix until blended. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or until thickened.
- In a large bowl, combine the bananas, blueberries, peaches, strawberries, grapes and pineapple chunks. Spread pudding mixture over the top. Garnish with mint if desired. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Pudding-Topped Fruit Salad(3)
Sort By :
I think the "boiled egg" is the sliced banana. Hope this helps :)
This makes me think of Thanksgiving and Christmas entertaining, providing a less rich alternative to the usual desserts...
It looks WONDERFUL!
I wonder if thawed fruit, such as strawberries, could be used, in the topping, using the saved juice, to make it pink coloured, maybe using sugar free pudding, fat free (flavoured) yogurt.......
please,could you tell me what the white "boiled egg look" is in this recipe? doesnt call for eggs,and no fruit listed is this color? thanks Emma firstname.lastname@example.org