Pudding Teddy Bears Recipe
When our home economists spotted a pleasingly creamy pudding recipe from Sherry Bonner of Winnsboro, Louisiana, they decided to figure some extra fun into it. First, they filled small graham cracker crusts with her treat, then fashioned cute cub faces from cookies and candy. It's a hit with kids of any age!—Sherry Bonner, Winnsboro, Louisiana
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Dash salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 individual graham cracker crust
- 1 strip red shoestring licorice
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 16 vanilla wafers
- 16 M&M's
- 8 red-hot candies
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa, flour and salt. Gradually stir in milk until smooth. Add eggs; bring to a gentle boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir over low heat for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Spoon into crusts; refrigerate.
- Cut licorice into eight 1-in. pieces and eight 1/2-in. pieces; set aside. Just before serving, sprinkle coconut over pudding. Insert two vanilla wafers in each for ears. Add M&M's for eyes and red-hot for nose. Bend 1-in. pieces of licorice into a semicircle; place 1/2 in. below nose for mouth. Connect nose and mouth with 1/2 in. pieces of licorice. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pudding Teddy Bears in Country Woman July/August 1998, p30
Reviews for Pudding Teddy Bears
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review