- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix or instant pudding mix of your choice
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, oil and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, vanilla and dry pudding mix. Combine the flour, cream of tartar and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 7 dozen.
Reviews for Pudding Sugar Cookies
"excellent lite, crisp cookie- no way it taste like store bought dough as someone mentioned. They freeze well, and stay fresh in an airtight container. I just finished making 400 of them for a ladies tea party."
"We have made these several times. My daughter took them to state fair and won a purple ribbon with them. I've use Chocolate pudding and peanut butter chips, Butterscotch pudding with butterscotch chips, Vanilla pudding with almonds. They are excellent"
"The taste was good and it's easy to make. I would use vanilla pudding next time if I make them again. They make a lot and I'm not sure they are better than premade sugar dough you get from the store. I wasn't wowed by the recipe."
"this makes a light crisp cookie, the dough is easy to work with- and it makes a lot. I used lemon pudding with some orange rind zest- and colored sugar sprinkled on top"
"These cookies were a little hard. I pressed a few of them to make shapes out of them, and those cookies were especially crispy. The cookies that I rolled into balls before baking were better. I used pumpkin spice instant pudding mix - I wonder if that contributed? I guess I was hoping for a softer cookie, but these were still decent."
"Yummy! These cookies melt in your mouth. I made them with pistachio pudding, and it added a rich flavor. Enjoy!"
"I used French Vanilla pudding and it was spectacular!! Definately will make these again."
"I added fresh grated lemon peel to this already terrific recipe. After making just 1 batch, this recipe has been added to our family's favorites!"
"This was a wonderful recipe. It reminded me of my Great Grandmother's sugar cookies. I really liked the recipe because it did not have to sit in the refrigerator for hours before you can make the cookies. I will definitely put this in my favorite cookies to bake."