- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix or instant pudding mix of your choice
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, oil and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, vanilla and dry pudding mix. Combine the flour, cream of tartar and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 7 dozen.
Reviews for Pudding Sugar Cookies
Sort By :
"excellent lite, crisp cookie- no way it taste like store bought dough as someone mentioned. They freeze well, and stay fresh in an airtight container. I just finished making 400 of them for a ladies tea party."
"We have made these several times. My daughter took them to state fair and won a purple ribbon with them. I've use Chocolate pudding and peanut butter chips, Butterscotch pudding with butterscotch chips, Vanilla pudding with almonds. They are excellent"
"The taste was good and it's easy to make. I would use vanilla pudding next time if I make them again. They make a lot and I'm not sure they are better than premade sugar dough you get from the store. I wasn't wowed by the recipe."
"this makes a light crisp cookie, the dough is easy to work with- and it makes a lot. I used lemon pudding with some orange rind zest- and colored sugar sprinkled on top"
"It is a very easy cookie to make and it makes alot of cookies. Which comes in handy for Christmas time. They also taste great. I mde them with at least 3 different flavors and they all tasted excellent !!! Awsome recipie!!!"