Dessert takes wing with this fun recipe from field editor Joyce Turley of Slaughters, Kentucky. She cuts the cupcake tops to resemble butterflies and shares her easy decorating method.
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Pastel sprinkles
- Black shoestring licorice, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes; cool completely. Slice off the top fourth of each cupcake; cut the slices in half and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Fold in whipped topping. Spoon 2 tablespoons pudding mixture onto each cupcake.
- For wings, place two reserved cupcake halves, rounded edges together, in pudding mixture. Gently press sprinkles into wings (cupcakes should be moist enough for candy to stick). For antennae, insert two licorice pieces into each cupcake. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Butterfly Cupcakes in Taste of Home February/March 2005, p7
Reviews for Pudding-Filled Butterfly Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review