The prunes in this recipe are finely chopped so no one will need to know they appear in these crisp, lightly sweet cookies.—Lucille Dent, Galesburg, Michigan
24 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 egg
- 7 pitted dried plums
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 24 pecan halves
- In a blender, puree eggs and plums until finely chopped. Pour into a
- bowl. Add sugar. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to
- plum mixture and mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Top each
- cookie with a pecan half. Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or
- until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 54 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 35 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.