- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground allspice, cloves and nutmeg
- 1 cup prune juice
- 1 cup finely chopped pitted dried plums
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with prune juice, beating well after each addition. Stir in prunes.
- Pour into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Prune Bundt Cake in Taste of Home October/November 2000, p35
Reviews for Prune Bundt Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review