- pepper; brush onto both sides of chops.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub
- on grill rack to coat lightly. Brush tomato wedges with some of the
- remaining vinaigrette. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4
- in. from the heat for 1-3 minutes on each side or until lightly
- browned. Set aside.
- Grill chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat
- 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for
- medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°).
- Baste frequently with remaining vinaigrette during the last 3
- minutes of cooking. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with tomatoes and
- reserved vinaigrette. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop with 3 tomato wedges and 1 tablespoon vinaigrette equals 702 calories, 58 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 126 mg cholesterol, 517 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 41 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.