Provolone Pepper Burgers
I'm known around our neighborhood as the "grill sergeant". These burgers are one of my most-requested entrees. They're a flavorful change from plain ground beef patties.—Nick Mescia, Surprise, Arizona
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup finely cubed provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup diced roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- In a bowl, combine the cheese, red peppers, onion, salt and pepper.
- Add beef and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or
- until meat is no longer pink. Serve on buns. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011
, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now