Provolone Chicken Pizza Recipe
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin whole wheat pizza crust
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ranch salad dressing
- 6 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan or baking sheet; spread with salad dressing. Top with provolone cheese, chicken, tomato and onions. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 2. Bake 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice equals 306 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 636 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.