Provolone Chicken Pizza Recipe
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin whole wheat pizza crust
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ranch salad dressing
- 6 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan or baking sheet; spread with salad dressing. Top with provolone cheese, chicken, tomato and onions. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 2. Bake 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice: 306 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 636mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Provolone Chicken Pizza
"One of my family's favorites!"
"I use closer to 1/4 C of ranch, but otherwise we love this for a quick go-to meal! We're planning to try it on pitas for individual pizzas."
"Even my kids loved this simple, tasty pizza. A good weekend, quick fix. We make our own homemade wheat crust to be economical and use fat-free ranch dressing to get rid of a few more calories & fat grams."
"This was really good! DH and I liked it - kids weren't wild about it, but they are super picky."
"I had a hard time finding this on the site. In the healthy Cooking issue for April/May it was called Provolone chicken Pizza. However, on the Taste of Home website it was listed as Provolone chicken Pizza Recipe. Regular search did not bring it up. I had to go to the healthy Cooking magazine link in order to find it. Very frustrating.This pizza is delicious and something my family asks for regularly. I've also tried it with rotisserie turkey breast. I found low fat ranch dressing with both 1.5 and 5 grams of fat. Both work equally well."
"Loved this, easy to make and very delish!!"
"This was amazing! Even my picky eaters loved it!!!"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.