Grilled hamburgers that are seasoned with garlic, onion and herbs and topped with melted cheese are a summertime staple for us. A nice change of pace from the usual American or cheddar, mild provolone cheese is great on these beef patties.
Arthurdale, West Virginia
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 8 sandwich rolls, split
- Lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef
- over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or
- until a meat thermometer reaches 160°.
- Top each patty with a cheese slice; grill 1 minute longer or until
- cheese is melted. Grill rolls cut side down for 1-2 minutes or until
- toasted. Top each with a burger and lettuce. Yield: 8 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.