Rye bread complements the other flavors in this super-easy sandwich from Lynne Miess of New Port Richey, Florida. You can substitute regular deli turkey for the peppered turkey, if you wish.
- 4 slices rye bread
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 slices provolone cheese (1/2 ounce each)
- 10 spinach leaves
- 4 ounces sliced deli peppered turkey
- 4 roasted sweet red pepper strips
- 4 teaspoons butter
- Spread two bread slices with mustard. Layer with cheese, spinach, turkey and red pepper. Top with remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 3 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Provolone 'n' Turkey Sandwiches in Cooking for 2 Winter 2009, p9
Reviews for Provolone 'n' Turkey Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review