There is nothing quite like the wonderful feeling of when you open the door and smell this delicious stew bubbling away in the slow cooker. To make preparation even easier, I like to start it the night before, and then all I have to do is turn on the slow cooker in the morning. —Lyndsay Wells, Ladysmith, British Columbia
Featured In: 68 Slow Cooker Recipes to Warm Your Winter
- 2 cups assorted dried beans for soup
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole plum tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 large Yukon Gold potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons herbes de Provence
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 carton (32 ounces) unsalted chicken stock
- French bread
- Rinse and sort beans; soak according to package directions. Drain and rinse beans, discarding liquid.
- Transfer beans to a 6-qt. slow cooker. Add tomatoes; crush with a wooden spoon until chunky. Stir in ham, vegetables, garlic, seasonings and stock. Cook, covered, on low 7-9 hours or until beans are tender. Serve with bread. Yield: 10 servings (3-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Provencal Ham & Bean Soup in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2016, p73
Reviews for Provencal Ham & Bean Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review