Provencal Bean Salad Recipe
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3/4 pound fresh wax beans, trimmed
- 1 pound grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add green and wax beans; cover and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place beans in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- 2. Place the beans, tomatoes, kidney beans and olives in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients; pour over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup: 102 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 321mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Provencal Bean Salad
"It's delicious!! I cooked the beans longer than the recipe states, until they were about half done. It helps to let the salad sit in the refrigerator for an hour or so to let the flavors meld. This dish was a big hit!"