Provencal Bean Salad
Lightly coated in reduced-fat tarragon mayonnaise, this refreshing three-bean salad perks up summer meals. Every bite bursts with flavor. —Suzanne Banfield, Basking Ridge, New Jersey
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3/4 pound fresh wax beans, trimmed
- 1 pound grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add green and wax
- beans; cover and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place
- beans in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Place the beans, tomatoes, kidney beans and olives in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients; pour over salad
- and toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 102 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 321 mg sodium,