Lightly coated in reduced-fat tarragon mayonnaise, this refreshing three-bean salad perks up summer meals. Every bite bursts with flavor. —Suzanne Banfield, Basking Ridge, New Jersey
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3/4 pound fresh wax beans, trimmed
- 1 pound grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add green and wax beans; cover and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place beans in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Place the beans, tomatoes, kidney beans and olives in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients; pour over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Provencal Bean Salad in Simple & Delicious August/September 2011, p57
Reviews for Provencal Bean Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 13, 2011
"It's delicious!! I cooked the beans longer than the recipe states, until they were about half done. It helps to let the salad sit in the refrigerator for an hour or so to let the flavors meld. This dish was a big hit!"