Prosciutto-Wrapped Pork Medallions Recipe
A sweet-tart honey-lemon sauce, with a hint of basil, accents this fantastic pork entree that's perfect for a special dinner. "I serve it with rice on the side," notes John Cowan from Somerville, Massachusetts.
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pork tenderloin (3/4 pound), cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour 1/3 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade from pork. Wrap a strip of prosciutto around each pork slice. In a large skillet, brown pork on both sides in oil.
- Transfer to a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3 minutes. Turn; broil 3-5 minutes longer or until juices run clear, basting frequently with 3 tablespoons reserved marinade.
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and remaining marinade until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Prosciutto-Wrapped Pork Medallions in Cooking for 2 Spring 2008, p37
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Prosciutto-Wrapped Pork Medallions(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 8, 2011
Excellent flavor! I used our outdoor grill instead of the broiler, and served with spaghetti squash with the marinade sauce. WOW!
More Recipe Collections
- Condiments >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Marinades >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >