Prosciutto-Wrapped Haddock Recipe
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 4 haddock fillets (6 ounces each)
- 4 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham
- 1. Place the basil, cheese and garlic in a food processor; cover and pulse until chopped. Add the pine nuts, salt, pepper flakes and pepper; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add 1/4 cup oil in a steady stream. Stir in tomatoes.
- 2. Spread 1 tablespoon pesto over each fillet; wrap with a prosciutto slice. Place on a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan and brush with remaining olive oil. Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 416 calories, 28 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 113 mg cholesterol, 502 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 38 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.