A friend made this main dish for me when I was in college. It redefined my idea of Italian cooking. Prosciutto and pesto complement the mild-flavored fish.—Kendra Doss, Kansas City, Missouri
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 4 haddock fillets (6 ounces each)
- 4 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham
- Place the basil, cheese and garlic in a food processor; cover and
- pulse until chopped. Add the pine nuts, salt, pepper flakes and
- pepper; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually
- add 1/4 cup oil in a steady stream. Stir in tomatoes.
- Spread 1 tablespoon pesto over each fillet; wrap with a prosciutto
- slice. Place on a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan and
- brush with remaining olive oil. Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes
- or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 416 calories, 28 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 113 mg cholesterol, 502 mg sodium,