What a delightful way to kick off a summer party! This upscale asparagus appetizer will make guests feel like you went all-out for them. But with only four ingredients, it's incredibly easy—and so yummy. —Noelle Myers, Grand Forks, North Dakota
- 1/3 pound thinly sliced prosciutto or deli ham
- 16 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Cut prosciutto slices in half. Wrap a prosciutto piece around each asparagus spear; secure ends with toothpicks. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill asparagus, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until prosciutto is crisp, turning once. Discard toothpicks.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave jam and vinegar on high for 15-20 seconds or until jam is melted. Serve with asparagus. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Originally published as Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus with Raspberry Sauce in Simple & Delicious June/July 2011, p37
Reviews for Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus with Raspberry Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review