Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus with Raspberry Sauce Recipe
- 1/3 pound thinly sliced prosciutto or deli ham
- 16 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1. Cut prosciutto slices in half. Wrap a prosciutto piece around each asparagus spear; secure ends with toothpicks. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- 2. Grill asparagus, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until prosciutto is crisp, turning once. Discard toothpicks.
- 3. In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave jam and vinegar on high for 15-20 seconds or until jam is melted. Serve with asparagus. Yield: 16 appetizers.
1 asparagus spear with 1-1/2 teaspoons sauce equals 50 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 184 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 starch.