Prosciutto-Wrapped Apricots Recipe
Our home economists stuff dried apricots with sweetened Mascarpone cheese, then wrap them with prosciutto before baking. The result is an appealing snack for special occasions.
- 3/4 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 package (7 ounces) dried pitted Mediterranean apricots
- 12 thin slices prosciutto
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cheese, confectioners' sugar and pepper. Cut a slit in each apricot; fill with cheese mixture. Cut each slice of prosciutto in half lengthwise; wrap a piece around each apricot and secure with a toothpick.
- 2. Place in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
2 each: 191 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 288mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Prosciutto-Wrapped Apricots
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC