Prosciutto-Wrapped Apricots Recipe
Our home economists stuff dried apricots with sweetened Mascarpone cheese, then wrap them with prosciutto before baking. The result is an appealing snack for special occasions.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 3/4 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 package (7 ounces) dried pitted Mediterranean apricots
- 12 thin slices prosciutto
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cheese, confectioners' sugar and pepper. Cut a slit in each apricot; fill with cheese mixture. Cut each slice of prosciutto in half lengthwise; wrap a piece around each apricot and secure with a toothpick.
- 2. Place in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC