Our home economists stuff dried apricots with sweetened Mascarpone cheese, then wrap them with prosciutto before baking. The result is an appealing snack for special occasions.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 package (7 ounces) dried pitted Mediterranean apricots
- 12 thin slices prosciutto
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, confectioners' sugar and pepper.
- Cut a slit in each apricot; fill with cheese mixture. Cut each slice
- of prosciutto in half lengthwise; wrap a piece around each apricot
- and secure with a toothpick.
- Place in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake,
- uncovered, at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.