Scott Jones of Tulsa, Oklahoma spruces up store-bought frozen cheese tortellini with peas, prosciutto and a smooth, cheesy sauce. You can't beat this side dish for speed and satisfying taste.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 10 thin slices prosciutto, chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- large skillet, combine flour and cream until smooth; stir in the
- cheeses. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Reduce heat.
- Drain tortellini; add to the cheese sauce. Stir in the prosciutto,
- peas and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.