- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 10 thin slices prosciutto, chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, combine flour and cream until smooth; stir in the cheeses. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat.
- Drain tortellini; add to the cheese sauce. Stir in the prosciutto, peas and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Prosciutto Tortellini
"I made this as a main dish with a salad on the side. I made the mistake of starting the sauce before the water for the pasta was boiling so my sauce was a little thicker than it should've been. My family thought it was a little bland. I think next time I would add some sauteed garlic."
"Very easy, filling, and yummy!"
"Easy to make and delicious. My husband said, "Make this one again", the first time I ever remember him saying that!"