Scott Jones of Tulsa, Oklahoma spruces up store-bought frozen cheese tortellini with peas, prosciutto and a smooth, cheesy sauce. You can't beat this side dish for speed and satisfying taste.
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 10 thin slices prosciutto, chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, combine flour and cream until smooth; stir in the cheeses. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat.
- Drain tortellini; add to the cheese sauce. Stir in the prosciutto, peas and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Prosciutto Tortellini in Taste of Home December/January 2008, p15
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Prosciutto Tortellini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review