Scott Jones of Tulsa, Oklahoma spruces up store-bought frozen cheese tortellini with peas, prosciutto and a smooth, cheesy sauce. You can't beat this side dish for speed and satisfying taste.
Recommended: 52 Date Night Dinners
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 10 thin slices prosciutto, chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, combine flour and cream until smooth; stir in the cheeses. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat.
- Drain tortellini; add to the cheese sauce. Stir in the prosciutto, peas and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Prosciutto Tortellini in Taste of Home December/January 2008, p15
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Prosciutto Tortellini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2016
Reviewed Nov. 5, 2011
"Very easy, filling, and yummy!"
Reviewed Feb. 7, 2011
"Easy to make and delicious. My husband said, "Make this one again", the first time I ever remember him saying that!"