- and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese,
- parsley, thyme and mushroom mixture. Crumble beef and sausage over
- mixture; mix well.
- On a large piece of heavy-duty foil, pat beef mixture into a 15-in. x
- 10-in. rectangle. Layer the prosciutto, Havarti, basil and tomatoes
- to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a
- short side and peeling foil away while rolling. Seal seams and ends.
- Place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 75-85 minutes or until no pink remains
- and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Using two large spatulas, carefully transfer meat loaf to a serving
- platter. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 500 calories, 34 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 173 mg cholesterol, 1,111 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.