Prosciutto Provolone Panini
During the busy holiday season, I like to make this "uptown" take on grilled cheese sandwiches for a quick lunch or dinner. If you don't have fresh sage handy, substitute with 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning. —Candy Summerhill, Alexander, Arkansas
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 slices white bread
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 4 thin slices prosciutto
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh sage
- On four slices of bread, layer a slice of cheese, a slice of
- prosciutto and a second slice of cheese. Top with remaining bread.
- Brush both sides of sandwiches with oil; sprinkle with sage. Cook in
- a panini maker or indoor grill until bread is toasted and cheese is
- melted. Yield: 4 servings.