Prosciutto Pinwheels Recipe
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/4 cup sweet hot mustard
- 1/4 pound sliced prosciutto or deli ham, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Unfold puff pastry. Spread mustard over pastry to within 1/2 in. of edges. Sprinkle with prosciutto and cheese. Roll up one side to the middle of the dough; roll up the other side so the two rolls meet in the center. Using a serrated knife, cut into 1/2-in. slices.
Place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 11-13 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Serve warm.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled appetizers in freezer containers, separating layers with waxed paper. To use, reheat appetizers on a greased baking sheet in a preheated 400° oven until crisp and heated through. Yield: 20 appetizers.
1 appetizer equals 86 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 210 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Prosciutto Pinwheels
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.