- 24 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 8 thin slices prosciutto, cut into 1-inch strips
- 24 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 24 fresh green beans, trimmed
- ARTICHOKE SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 jar (6 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside. Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface (keep remaining dough covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to avoid drying out). Brush with butter; fold in half lengthwise. Brush with butter; fold in half widthwise.
- Brush with butter; top with a prosciutto strip. Place an asparagus spear and a green bean at a diagonal on bottom right corner; roll up. Repeat with remaining dough, butter, prosciutto and vegetables.
- Place roll-ups on prepared baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the sauce ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl; serve with roll-ups. Yield: 2 dozen (1 cup sauce).
Originally published as Prosciutto Phyllo Roll-Ups in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2007, p42
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Prosciutto Phyllo Roll-Ups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 29, 2010
"These were very tasty and the artichoke sauce compliments them PERFECTLY! There were of course none left after a short time."